Meeting Up with Incargonito

Sharon and John on the left, Jim on the right.

Hello and welcome to the blog!  Monday and Tuesday were spent camping with John and wife Sharon and dog pal Angel from the Incargonito blog.  We met up where I work in Anamosa and spend two days at buddy Jim’s farm pond, talking, cooking, and enjoying the peaceful outdoors.

Their four-footed pal, Angel, is an adorable fluffy white dog.  By treating him to nibbles of chicken, ham, bacon, sausage, eggs, etc., I made a good friend!  There are a dozen or so pictures taken along the way.  Rather than a bunch of verbiage, I’ll just caption each one.

John and his wife were a delight to chat with.  Jim really enjoyed the company and even fishing buddy buddy Steve stopped out for a meal  Tuesday and to caught a couple nice catfish.   So here come the photos.

John on the left, Brad in front of the pond.

The family out for a swim. Beware though… Snapping turtles will often grab ducks and geese down by feet and eat them!

Kitties (Catfish) for the smoker.

Corn fed in Iowa!

Angel looking forward to sharing some Tuesday morning breakfast.

This is how we clean the griddle… (after eggs, sausage, and bacon were cooked on it)

“Old Ringneck” the duck was watching us from about 20 feet away.

We were watching a crop duster from the next field over. The Canon camera caught the sprayer equipment under the wings. The tanks are inside.

Monday night’s cookout. Strip steak, burgers, brats, and the skillet on top has sauteed zucchini.  We ate well!  (and so did Angel)

Buddy Steve enjoying Tuesday night’s cookout. In the background is my director’s chair. It’s badly torn and will see some repairs this week.

Hugging Angel on of many times! He’s the neatest pal!

After enjoying two days of company, it was back home and back to work.  John and Sharon and Angel are on their way to their next adventure!  Please check out their blogs, Incargonito and RV Full Time Living and Traveling.

I’ve been making some changes to the VT van in terms of layout.  There will be a future post about it and how much more enjoyable the changes have made camping.  Until then, take care and thanks for visiting!

Brad and Jenny
Jones County, Iowa

6 Responses to Meeting Up with Incargonito

Another fun camping and fishing trip to Jim’s pond. And of course lots of good food to eat.

Brad where do you get all your tidied t’s from? my last one just fell apart I’m so sad.

Can’t wait to see what you have done to the van

Hi Jo! I get the tie dyed shirts from Dyed happy in Lone Tree, Iowa. I believe Mary, the owner, is on Facebook. She uses the best quality shirts and they last for years. Take care! VT

What a great meet up. It is amazing how camping and being out in nature can bring people together. Your pictures do a good job of documenting your outing. We are going camping this weekend. It is supposed to be in the 90s here in Ohio, so I’m glad we reserved an electric site and can run a fan if needed. Looking forward to the van changes you’ll be sharing!

Hi! We had a lot of fun. I’m glad to hear you are going camping this weekend. It’s hot here, too. I’ve had to light up a couple cigars because the gnats are so bad. I’ve got a new catfish recipe to share as well. It is one where I was daydreaming and thought of everything I’d like to see in a brine prior to smoking fish. The result was amazing. I’ll be smoking fish on a future trip. The brine should even work for baking fish without smoking (just use liquid smoke). Take care! — VT

3. Ken says:

Brad,
    You have way too much fun. As an old guy I need to watch my diet and in many ways its worse than being diabetic. No salt, no fat, if it tastes good don’t eat it. This was a tough week as i couldn’t stick to my normal routine and ate a real hamburger, not even that good but it tore me up. Ten I forgot my healthy lunch on the way out the door yesterday morning and had to buy Burger King. Looks like they changed the menu and I had a mealy processed chicken thing that was all greasy and like sawdust. Tonight was just as bad. Monday I’ll be relegated to a Mickey D’s “Artisan” Chicken sandwich, whatever that really is, I haven’t figured out where the word Artisan and Chicken work together in one sentence. Maybe someday I’ll actually catch a fresh water fish? Hasn’t happened in 72 years!
    So I guess Jenny really liked the smell of Angel on you when you got back home?

Hi Ken! Thanks for the note. I hear you about having to watch what you eat. I have had one McDonald’s burger in the last three weeks… At the same time, I’ve been enjoying much fresher (ground daily) hamburger from the local butcher. The “Artisan Chicken” is a great tasting sandwich but it’s got a lot of salt. I’m not sure about that name, either. I like to get the fresh “natural” (no salt water added) chicken on whole wheat and with lots of veggies on top.

Yes, Jenny did sniff around me a lot after hugging on Angel. Jennifer also sat on the sink watching me clean a big albino catfish last night. She’s a curious little girl. Take care! — VT

P.S. I hear you about the B.K. nuggets. They taste like particle board. 🙂